Cannot disconnect from PayPal Donations in Test Mode
The workaround is to edit the database. Removing the option_value of give_paypal_commerce_sandbox_account in wp_options will remove the connection so another account can be connected. There will be a warning "Warning, your account is not ready to accept donations.", which doesn't affect anything - but the fix for that is removing the option_value of give_paypal_commerce_sandbox_account_errors in wp_options
After fixing the issue, ensure to use a PayPal Sandbox Business Account to connect.
marked this post as
We are happy to announce the release of GiveWP 2.22.2, which addresses this issue with PayPal disconnections. Please update as soon as possible!
marked this post as
First, I want to apologize: I was under the incorrect impression that this issue was only affecting
sandbox(testing) PayPal accounts, and that’s part of the reason that this issue slipped off of my radar. I discovered in digging into it today that the issue is less about it being a sandbox account, and more about it being an account that is under review on PayPal’s side. That’s my oversight for sure.
That said, two things:
- We are looking into a fix that will prevent this from happening
- I made a screencast showing you how to resolve it in the meantime. The password to view the screencast is “PayPal” (no quotes, but capitalization matters) https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c3Q3qOVOGCs
Important notes from the screencast:
- The SQL Buddy plugin is super powerful, and you can really mess up your site if you don’t know what you’re doing. Have a backup ready if you’re unsure about things.
- If you are in GiveWP test mode, the option you are looking to remove is give_paypal_commerce_sandbox_account but if you are not in test mode, it’s give_paypal_commerce_live_account
- The table you should be looking in is the wp_options table. Your site may have a different prefix than wp_.
Let us know if you have any problems.
Does it work to just remove the plugin completely along with all the data and add it back whilst importing the donations and such?
I have looked through the the give_ tables and I do not see any "give_paypal_commerce_sandbox_account". I couldn't tell you the number of hours I have put into changing the PayPal account.